Monday, August 8, 2011

The Yard

To give you an idea of what the yard looks like, I took the liberty of taking pictures. This is one side (west side) of the Lower Lot.
This is the east side of the Lower Lot.

This is the panoramic view of the Lower Lot. These type of buses are called MCI's and they have been in the company the longest.

You are now looking at the Upper Lot. On the far left you see the newest buses, aka D-models. In the middle of the picture are the RE's used for mainly for transfers up to Eaglecrest (the local ski resort) in the mountains. On the far right are some more MCI's that are a few of the older buses as well.

These D-models are fun to drive because the turbo really gives you good acceleration. On top of that they have AC. Overall a really nice ride.

The RE's are okay unless you are relatively tall because it gives you less of a view through the front windshield. The vehicles to the right are called Cutaways and those are used for the mine tours where you are off road. They are also used for transfers for float trips, canoe, helicopters, and other small tourist attractions.

These buses are the ones that I generally drive, on top of the lower lot buses. Don't get me wrong though, I've driven every type of vehicle at least once. The total count of vehicles in operation is 87, and if you count the bone yard (old buses used just for parts) we have 115 total vehicles. So lots of buses, and we have a full staff of mechanics that are constantly busy fixing all the problems. Alright, hope that gives you an idea of what goes on here in Juneau, Alaska.

Besides the yard, today was Sunday. Saturday I spent touring and working, but this morning I didn't have to go into work so I scooted to church. After that I quickly did my laundry, came back to the room and took a three hour nap. I ended the evening by going to Guiler's home to play games and eat dinner that Angelica made (her Mexican food is just amazing, lets be honest). Really nice, relaxing day. Let the new week begin!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you have to tell me that bus 248 is not in the bone yard and that it is still used on occasion. 248 had the best AC and the best acceleration while I was in Juneau. Your thebomb.com!!!

    ReplyDelete