Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fun Float Trip

Well, I finally got a day off on Thursday and thought that I needed to comp another tour. So I decided to go on a FLOAT TRIP!!!
Before they let us on to the water in the raft we get to wear waterproof boots and pants, with a life vest. The push off point is at the Mendenhall Lake. The glacier is there behind me.

Before reaching the river this is the last view of the glacier. I noticed that the water was a little higher than normal so I was excited to get a little wet along the way.
There were many beautiful homes along the rivers edge, this one stood out to me. All those windows look directly at the glacier. The only bad thing that can occur is the flooding that takes place during heavy rains or freak accidents like the one that happened a few weeks ago.


This was my guides favorite view of the glacier along the river. I took this right before we went into some small rapids. The guide knew that I was a driver here in Juneau so he took the liberty of getting me pretty well soaked. It was a great time!


Here I could see the group ahead. With the dead tree, background, and mist rising off the water, it was a spectacular view. Unfortunately we didn't see any wildlife.
Our finish point was underneath the bridge. The total distance we floated down river was about 5 miles. Definitely a level -1 when it comes to white water rafting, but with a few good splashes it was well worth my time. Juneau is just gorgeous. 
This was before going down the river. It didn't seem appropriate to be yelling out about what you are seeing. Just know that is was a great day.

3 comments:

  1. you look cute in the outfit. Keep having fun and see if you can get an old tubing suit to where on the rainy days. At least your feet would stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love these pictures, they are fantastic! Love seeing your cute face, (I'm your mother, I can say that). Be safe and "seize the day". Love to you buddy....MOMOMOMOMOm

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the awesome jump suit. looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete