Friday, July 22, 2011

A Special Group

So a few days ago I started the day do normal transfers and just enjoying an overcast day. At around 3 in the afternoon I received a call from operations control (OPS) with a request to cover a tour. This tour came about because the groups first excursion on a helicopter was cancelled (mind you, they were not okay with this at all, to the point of swearing and very upset) so they gave them the option of a personal tour to the Mendahall Glacier. I was put in charge of that personal tour with 13 family members. I must admit that I was quick to judge them of being rude and over bearing, but after giving my safety speech I realized that this was going to be fun. When we arrived at the glacier they insisted on me accompanying them on their hike! Needless to say, instead of the normal hour and a half that we would spend there, we spent two and a half hours having a GREAT time!!!

The people in this picture are all part of my group. The hike we were on is called Nugget Falls (seen on the right side of the picture).
At the end of the tour we exchanged hugs and took a group picture :) what a great day?! Gamma is the lady in the light blue jacket near me, and she is 87 years old! She was a huge sport and made the hike like a champ.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Have a great time Nick!

    ReplyDelete