Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fun Surprise


Today I had a nice surprise. I started normal with an excursion called a Wildlife/Glacier, then I did a drop-off and pick-up for Whales and Trails. I was supposed to be off after those duties, at about 4 in the afternoon, but luckily I was asked to do an Evening Quest drop off. So I picked up a group of 52 people (full bus) and drove them to Allen Marine. After I dropped them off I was about to pull off the dock when dispatch told me I would need to pick this group up after their tour, but then they told me to just go on the tour with my group!!! So I ended up going on an Evening Quest excursion again!!!! Great time :)
This is Dale, the other driver who came along with me and the tourists tonight. Dale has been working for our company for seven years. Sorry Pat, he didn't recall your name. We had lots of good laughs, that is for sure.
So we had some amazing food. My favorite was the salmon spread with crackers. Another favorite was the spinach soup with a roll. Then the brownies on the bottom left of the picture. There was sausage and other stuff. Man, I'm hungry again.....

All the people in this picture were apart of my group. This picture also shows the view of the front of the boat on the bottom level.

No, this is not a hot spring, this is simply how whales go to the bathroom....just kidding...


These guys on the buoy were not something I saw on Sunday night, but these sea lions are pretty awesome. They are not the same type that you find off of Pier 39 in San Francisco. These guys weigh upwards of 2000 pounds. Flipping huge. :)



So all in all, great day, and can't wait to see what gets thrown at me tomorrow. Night.

1 comment:

  1. There is no way that he has been in Juneau for the past seven years. Did he previously work for Princess? I worked under allison campbell while in juneau. Hopefully you were not playing tug-o-war with those sea lions.

    PS

    ReplyDelete