Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shamefully Late on the Update!

I know. It's shameful. To think, I waited a whole week before updating my blog. I don't know if you knew this, but I recently had a birthday on the 4th of September!!! I'm a whopping 22 years old, and I feel like a lot has happened this past year. I learned how to work on diesel trucks for my Uncle Steve. I learned how to crush my leg under a trailer. Then I learned how to drive a 40 foot bus. Now I've learned how to tour my guests all through Juneau. Wow, now that I look back, doesn't seem like much. I only count four. Haha.... good thing you know that I'm joking, and that in reality I've learned quite a bit. Thank you to everybody who has been there along the way, especially my family who has supported me the whole time and taken care of me. I love you guys!!!

Well, on to the good stuff. This previous week and a half has been full of different events. First of all, I totally KISSED a GIRL!!!! I know, outrageous!!!! Ha, if you don't know who it is, I'm not going to tell (I don't think she would appreciate me blogging about it), but I will tell you she is a real sweetheart. Besides, who could pass up the view we had :)

Considering the fact that the end of the season is approaching it has become more and more appropriate to shop the 50% off sales going on everywhere. I finally bought an Alaska fleece for 20 bucks, not a bad deal. Also was looking at hats. Couldn't quite find the right one...oh well...

We finally had some blue sky, and I just couldn't resist the temptation to take yet another picture of the glacier. I swear, there is a camera magnet when you see the Mendenhall Glacier. Before you know what has happened you'll find the camera in your hand and the picture already taken.

The saddest events happening now, though, are all the fellow co-workers/friends that are leaving for the year. I doubt I will see very many of the ever again, but we are constantly getting together to celebrate and eat more and more food.
If you look at the red head to the left and move in a counter clockwise rotation: John King, Kristin Strouder, Phil Merrel, Taylor, Stefani, Adam, Nick Steffel, Hillary (long blonde hair), Laura-Rudy, and finally Kristin in the front. Now these are just 10 of the many many people that I've grown to respect and love. It is always fun getting together with them, whether it be a group, or just at work, and the one leaving will be sorely missed.

Well, besides that, my hours have picked up quite a bit (I just finished a 13.5 hour day), and things are getting a little crazy. But its awesome!!! We no longer have ships coming in on Fridays, and I only have 2 weeks and 3 days left. See you all soon!!! :)

1 comment: